Jane is the Managing Director of Bournemouth Borough Council overseeing all services offered to our residents and visitors. She regularly blogs here at BHblog.co.uk, but look out for guest authors too!
- An outreach worker speaks about the work that takes place to help rough sleepers in Bournemouth
- Parks: our nation’s greatest invention?
- Bournemouth’s first neighbourhood plan is unveiled!
- Customer services: varied, never quiet and sometimes a challenge!
- 2017: The year in review by the Managing Director
Monthly Archives: January 2018
Did you know that public parks were one of the very first public services, introduced to improve air quality, health and well-being for people in Victorian Britain’s growing cities? For me, they are our nation’s greatest invention. I love to … Continue reading
The government is always tinkering with the planning system, but for me, neighbourhood planning is easily the most positive and exciting change to be introduced since I started work as a town planner in 2000. Neighbourhood planning gives communities the … Continue reading
Most people think of customer services as a call centre and, although most of our contact is via telephone, we also have customers that like to come in and talk to us in the Customer Contact Centre. The types of … Continue reading